Tuesday, December 23, 2014

God's Greatest Gift

Amidst the hustle and bustle of the Christmas season, let's take a moment to reflect on God's greatest gift to us - His Son, Jesus Christ.  Though He came in the form of a baby, this prayer of St. Patrick reminds us that He is our all in all.  Merry Christmas!

Jesus - Our All in All


Christ for sickness, Christ for health,
Christ for poverty, Christ for wealth,
Christ for joy, Christ for sorrow,
Christ today, and Christ tomorrow;
Christ my life, and Christ my light,
Christ for morning, noon, and night;
Christ when all around gives way,
Christ my everlasting stay; 
Christ my rest, Christ my food,
Christ above my highest good;
Christ my well beloved, my Friend,
Christ my pleasure without end;
Christ my Savior, Christ my Lord,
Christ my Portion, Christ my God,
Christ my Shepherd, I His sheep,
Christ Himself my soul does keep.
Christ my Leader, Christ my Peace,
Christ has brought my soul's release;
Christ my Righteousness divine,
Christ for me, for He is mine;
Christ my Wisdom, Christ my meat,
Christ restores my wandering feet,
Christ my Advocate and my Priest,
Christ who never forgets the least;
Christ my Teacher, Christ my Guide,
Christ my Rock, in Christ I hide;
Christ the everlasting Bread,
Christ His precious blood has shed;
Christ has brought us near to God,
Christ the everlasting Word,
Christ my Master, Christ my Head,
Christ who for my sins has bled;
Christ my Glory, Christ my Crown,
Christ the Plant of great Renown,
Christ my Comforter on high,
Christ my Hope draws ever nigh.

Posted by Redeeming Love

No comments:

Post a Comment